PurposeIntegrates ULC into Apache JMeter. Apache JMeter is a 100% pure Java desktop application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance.
How to install
- Install ULC
- Install Apache JMeter
- Copy the ULC JMeter Integration plug-in into <jmeter-install-dir>/lib/ext
- Copy ulc-base-client.jar into <jmeter-install-dir>/lib
- Copy ulc-servlet-client.jar into <jmeter-install-dir>/lib
How to use
Record a ULC test plan
- Run <ulc-install>/sample/startServer.bat to start the ULC sample server
- Run <jmeter-install-dir>/bin/jmeterw.bat to start Apache JMeter
- Use the (context) menu to add a new Thread Group to the existing Test Plan tree node.
The Thread Group controls the number of threads JMeter will use to execute your test plan.
- Use the (context) menu to add a new Logic Controllers|Recording Controller to the Thread Group tree node.
- Use the (context) menu to add a new Non-Test Elements|ULC Recorder to the existing Workbench tree node.
The ULC Recorder is used to record the round trips of a ULC application in the Recording Controller.
- Press the Start button in the ULC Recorder element to record a ULC test plan.
Review the ULC test plan
- Expand the Recording Controller node.
- Delete a Constant Timer node.
- Select a Constant Timer node and change the delay.
- Select a ULC Sampler node and review the server round trip.
Play the test plan
- Use the (context) menu to add a new Configuration Elements|ULC Connection Manager to the Thread Group tree node.
The ULC Connection Manager manages the connections to the ULC application.
- Use the (context) menu to add a new Listeners|Aggregate Report to the Thread Group tree node.
The Aggregate Report creates a table row for each differently named round trip in your test plan. For each row, it provides some aggregated information, e.g. request count, min, max, average.
- Select the Thread Group node and change the number of thread to 20, the ramp-up period to 20, and the repeat count to 3.
- Select the Aggregate Report to review the test results while the test plan is executed.
- Select the Start|Start menu item to start the test plan.
- Wait until the test plan finishes.
- Test plans cannot be saved
- ULC applications that use custom launchers and/or extensions are not supported