Release NotesFebruary, 2017
About Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 4
Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 4 is a minor maintenance release of RIA-Suite. Its license version is 8.0.
Please see the Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 3 release notes for previous release notes.
The section Fixed Bugs gives an overview of the fixes in Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 4.
The section Feature Requests gives an overview of the implemented feature requests in Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 4.
Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 4 requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7 or later on the server and on the client. It is recommended to use Java version 1.7.0_25 or later.
The deployment of a Canoo RIA-Suite application requires a JEE server that supports at least the Servlet 2.4 specification.
Since JRE 1.7.0_51, to be able to run ULC applications in jnlp and applet mode you need to:
- sign all client side jars with a certificate issued from a recognized certification authority.
- include Permissions, Codebase and Application-Library-Allowable properties in the manifest of each client side jar.
- include the security tag in the jnlp file.
Packages and Release Structure
UltraLightClient (ULC) is part of the Canoo RIA-Suite. It consists of ULC Core that includes all components required to successfully develop and deploy UltraLightClient applications. Additionally there are several packages that provide extended functionalities. The UltraLightClient packages and the structure of the current release are described in the following sections.
ULC CoreULC Core contains comprehensive widget set, application framework, test framework and integration into client and server containers.
The UltraLightClient release is split into modules. Each module belongs to exactly one of five categories:
All UltraLightClient classes.
For convenience, contains all the legacy modules: base (UltraLightClient core), container (server-side integrations into servlet container), environment (client-side integrations into environments), application framework, test framework and easy deployment.
It does not contain the samples.
Utilities like the project generator.
Only needed on demand.
Samples demonstrating the usage of UltraLightClient, e.g. Hello, ULCSet, OnlineShop, and more.
Not needed during development or deployment.
ULC Extension packages
A module directory contains sub-directories with the following contents:
Jar files that contain the module classes.
For sample and add-on modules, the required libraries.
Only for sample modules: the required resources, e.g. images, property files
Either complete source code or source stubs.
The source stubs are used to enable code completions in IDEs.
Only for sample modules: ready to deploy web application, i.e. war files
Package ULC Enterprise Portal Integration 22.214.171.124With this package you can integrate an ULC Application into your enterprise web applications or your enterprise portal server.
Package ULC Chart 126.96.36.199 (JFreeChart 1.0.12)This package integrates JFreeChart library. With this package you can create various business charts.
Package ULCFxBrowser 188.8.131.52 (JavaFX JRE 1.7)ULCFxBrowser integrates the JavaFX Web component into ULC. With this package you can integrate any web page directly into your ULC Application.
Package ULCOpenDolphin 184.108.40.206Integration with OpenDolphin v 0.11.
Package ULCServerPush 220.127.116.11Server Push feature based on long polling.
Package ULC Office Integration 18.104.22.168This package bundles Apache POI and iText to produce PDF and MS Office documents integrated into your ULC Application.
Package ULC Graph 22.214.171.124 (JGraph 126.96.36.199)This package integrates JGraph library. With this package you can create and draw various graph diagrams.
|<canoo-ria-suite-2014-u4>||RIA-Suite installation directory|
|all||All UltraLightClient classes. Development : ulc-core-development.jar, Client : ulc-core-client.jar, Server : ulc-core-server.jar|
|ext||Contains libraries of RIA-Suite add-on packages|
|license||The jar file with the deployment license key|
|previous_releasenotes||Previous release notes|
|Sample applications with ready to run Jetty Servlet container|
|thirdpartylicenses||Licenses of included third party libraries|
|License manager tool - used to install RIA-Suite licenses|
|build.txt||Contains the build number|
|LicenseAgreementDevelopment.pdf||The Development license Agreement|
|LicenseAgreementEvaluation.pdf||The Evaluation license Agreement|
- [UBA-6866] - UITextField should not overwrite the minimum size behavior of the installed Look & Feel. ULCTextField has a method to disable default setting of minimumSize. Also minimumSize can now be set by columns.
- [UBA-6897] - AbstractAction has a reference to ULCButton by way of PropertyChangeListener, which cannot be deregistered in any way thus preventing the button from being GCed
- [UBA-8878] - On riasuite.canoo.com the sources are missing in ULC-OpenDolphin demos
- [UBA-8839] - ULC UI Components should support high resolution
- [UBA-8864] - Allow registration of coders for already registered classes on server side coder registry
- [UBA-8865] - Allow access to server side ClientInfo's collections.
- Due to the fix for UBA-8835 it was not be possible to register a coder for pre-registered classes in the client and server side CoderRegistry. However due to UBA-8864 it should be ok to allow registration of a pre-registered coder on server side.
: Setting of default minimumSize on ULCTextField on client side.
- setForceMinimumSize(false) - Disables default setting of minimum size on the client side.
- setColumnsForDefaultMinimumSize(int columns) - Set default minimum size by columns when the textfield is created on the client side.
- setMinimumSize(int columns) - Set minimum size on the
client side. Instead of specifying a
Dimensionthe developer can specify number of columns. On the client side, the specified number of columns and the Font Metrics will be used to compute the minimum size.
You can find known problems and limitations in our issue database.
When using Java 8 on server side, JarSigner in EasyDeploymentUtility will not work due to reasons listed in UBA-8863. The workaround is to manually sign client side jars and include appropriate security tags in their manifests.
Product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.