Release NotesAugust, 2018
About Canoo RIA-Suite 9
Canoo RIA-Suite 9 is a major release of RIA-Suite. Its license version is 9.0.
Please see the Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 5-1 release notes for previous release notes.
Canoo RIA-Suite includes the following new features:
|External Application Integration||ULC ApplicationIntegration enables you to integrate external ULC, Swing and JavaFx applications in a window of your ULC Application.|
|Application Event Bus||UlcApplicationEventBus provides a ULCSession specific event bus for event based communication between various modules of an application.|
|Distributed Event Bus||UlcHazelcastEventBus in ULCServerPush package provides integration with Hazelcast's distributed event bus for event based communication between a ULC application and other external applications.|
|ULC SpringIntegration||ULC SpringIntegration enables your ULC application to run as a managed application in Spring and Spring Boot frameworks.|
|ULCCloseableTabbedPane||ULCCloseableTabbedPane makes ULCTabbedPane closeable and also provides for adding custom components to the tab.|
The section Fixed Bugs gives an overview of the fixes in Canoo RIA-Suite 9.
Canoo RIA-Suite 9 requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 or later on the server and on the client.
The deployment of a Canoo RIA-Suite application requires a JEE server that supports at least the Servlet 2.4 specification.
Since JRE 1.7.0_51, to be able to run ULC applications in jnlp and applet mode you need to:
- sign all client side jars with a certificate issued from a recognized certification authority.
- include Permissions, Codebase and Application-Library-Allowable properties in the manifest of each client side jar.
- include the security tag in the jnlp file.
Packages and Release Structure
UltraLightClient (ULC) is part of the Canoo RIA-Suite. It consists of ULC Core that includes all components required to successfully develop and deploy UltraLightClient applications. Additionally there are several packages that provide extended functionalities. The UltraLightClient packages and the structure of the current release are described in the following sections.
ULC CoreULC Core contains comprehensive widget set, application framework, test framework and integration into client and server containers.
The UltraLightClient release is split into modules. Each module belongs to exactly one of five categories:
All UltraLightClient classes.
For convenience, contains all the legacy modules: base (UltraLightClient core), container (server-side integrations into servlet container), environment (client-side integrations into environments), application framework, test framework and easy deployment.
It does not contain the samples.
Utilities like the project generator, easy deployment, application framework and test framework.
Only needed on demand.
Samples demonstrating the usage of UltraLightClient, e.g. Hello, ULCSet, OnlineShop, ULCApplicationIntegration and more.
Not needed during development or deployment.
ULC Addon Extension packages
A module directory contains sub-directories with the following contents:
Jar files that contain the module classes.
For sample and add-on modules, the required libraries.
Only for sample modules: the required resources, e.g. images, property files
Either complete source code or source stubs.
The source stubs are used to enable code completions in IDEs.
Only for sample modules: ready to deploy web application, i.e. war files
Package ULC Application Integration 9.0This package enables hosting of external ULC, Swing or JavaFx applications in a window of an ULC application.
Package ULC Chart 9.0 (JFreeChart 1.0.12)This package integrates JFreeChart library. With this package you can create various business charts.
Package ULCFxBrowser 9.0 (JavaFX JRE 1.8)ULCFxBrowser integrates the JavaFX Web component into ULC. With this package you can integrate any web page directly into your ULC Application.
Package ULC Graph 9.0 (JGraph 184.108.40.206)This package integrates JGraph library. With this package you can create and draw various graph diagrams.
Package ULC Office Integration 9.0This package bundles Apache POI and iText to produce PDF and MS Office documents integrated into your ULC Application.
Package ULCServerPush 9.0Server Push feature based on long polling. Also provides a distributed event bus that can be used across applications.
Package ULC Spring Integration 9.0This package enables running of ULC Applications as managed applications in Spring and Spring Boot frameworks.
addon/maven-archetype directory has a Maven archetype to generate a sample ULC Spring Integration project.
|<canoo-ria-suite-9>||RIA-Suite installation directory|
|all||All UltraLightClient libs. Development : ulc-core-development.jar, Client : ulc-core-client.jar, Server : ulc-core-server.jar. Also contains respective source jars and pom files.|
|RIA-Suite user documentation|
|ext||Contains libraries of RIA-Suite add-on packages|
|license||The jar file with the deployment license key|
|previous_releasenotes||Previous release notes|
|Sample applications with ready to run Jetty Servlet container|
|thirdpartylicenses||Licenses of included third party libraries|
|License manager tool - used to install RIA-Suite licenses|
|build.txt||Contains the build number|
|LicenseAgreementDevelopment.pdf||The Development license Agreement|
|LicenseAgreementEvaluation.pdf||The Evaluation license Agreement|
|Readme||Describes the steps to follow after installation.|
- [UBA-6897] - AbstractAction has a memory leak
- [UBA-8778] - IApplication.stop command is not called sometimes when HttpSession times out.
- [UBA-8863] - EasyDeployment JarSigning does not work when Java 8 is used on the server.
- [UBA-8889] - ULCColorChooser Dialog Cancel Listener is not called and Esc key throws exception
- [UBA-8898] - Null Pointer Exception in com.ulcjava.container.servlet.client. ResponseInfo
- [UBA-8899] - NullPointer Excpetion ServletContainerAdapterHelper. getIds
- [UBA-8904] - External apps running on two differnt Spring Boot or Tomcat servers cannot run in ULC Portal
- [UBA-8907] - ULC Appframework app with Form does not work in Spring Integration
- [UBA-8916] - ULC applications running with Java 8 u 161/162/171 on Windows freeze
- [UBA-8917] - Windows File Explorer freezes when a file is dragged and dropped on a component in an ULC application
- [UBA-8930] - Sometimes PollingTimer stop and start does not work
- [UBA-8931] - Sometimes Local ServerPush stop and start does not work
- [UBA-8932] - Local ServerPush restart results in NPE
- [UBA-8848] - Integrate ULC with Spring
- [UBA-8873] - Integrate ULC Development Runner into Spring Boot
- [UBA-8876] - Create components to enable integration of external ULC and JavaFx applications into a ULC Application Window
- [UBA-8883] - Create a ULCEventBus - Internal as well as Distributed
- [UBA-8884] - Create ULCJxBrowser component
- [UBA-8885] - Create ULCCloseableTabbedPane
- [UBA-8900] - Support Assistive Technologies
- [UBA-8854] - Provide an API on ULCSession to peek into current set of requests in a roundtrip
- [UBA-8882] - SimpleRequestPropertyStore: should create a CookieManager while init
- [UBA-8892] - Create ULCSessionScope - scope for Spring managed components
- [UBA-8895] - ClientEnvironment identifier for apps running as External Applications
- [UBA-8896] - External Applications should be able to have their own keep alive interval
- [UBA-8903] - ULC DataInput/Output stream should provide methods to read/write byte arrays.
- [UBA-8905] - Provide getter for ExpansionModel in ULCTree and ULCTableTree
- [UBA-8910] - CustomizableJnlpLauncher / CustomizableStandAloneLauncher: remove deprecated status from createConnectorCommandFailureStrategyProvider() method
- [UBA-8912] - Move to Java 8
- [UBA-8921] - Provide coders for Java 8 Date Time classes
- [UBA-8922] - Provide method to unsubscribe Lambdas from ULC Event Bus
- [UBA-8925] - Pass launcher arguments to ExternalUlcApplicationLauncher
- [UBA-8926] - Provide Http Request Intercepter
- [UBA-8927] - Jnlp Launchers should use CookieRequestPropertyStore
- [UBA-8928] - External ULC Application in ULCExternalApplicationContainer should block UI during synchronous roundtrip
- [UBA-8929] - Create pom files for ULC core libs
- ULC OpenDolphin Integration has been removed from release.
- ULC Portal Integration has been removed from release because Applets are no longer supported by most browsers.
- Google App Engine integration add-on has been removed from release because GAE is no longer supported.
You can find known problems and limitations in our issue database.
Applets are no longer supported by most browsers. Hence ULC client cannot be run in Applet mode.
Product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.