Release NotesMarch, 2016
About Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 3
Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 3 is a minor maintenance release of RIA-Suite. Its license version is 8.0.
Please see the Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 2 release notes for previous release notes.
The section Fixed Bugs gives an overview of the fixes in Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 3.
The section Feature Requests gives an overview of the implemented feature requests in Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 3.
Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 3 requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7 or later on the server and on the client. It is recommended to use Java version 1.7.0_25 or later.
The deployment of a Canoo RIA-Suite application requires a JEE server that supports at least the Servlet 2.4 specification.
Since JRE 1.7.0_51, to be able to run ULC applications in jnlp and applet mode you need to:
- sign all client side jars with a certificate issued from a recognized certification authority.
- include Permissions, Codebase and Application-Library-Allowable properties in the manifest of each client side jar.
- include the security tag in the jnlp file.
Packages and Release Structure
UltraLightClient (ULC) is part of the Canoo RIA-Suite. It consists of ULC Core that includes all components required to successfully develop and deploy UltraLightClient applications. Additionally there are several packages that provide extended functionalities. The UltraLightClient packages and the structure of the current release are described in the following sections.
ULC CoreULC Core contains comprehensive widget set, application framework, test framework and integration into client and server containers.
The UltraLightClient release is split into modules. Each module belongs to exactly one of five categories:
All UltraLightClient classes.
For convenience, contains all the legacy modules: base (UltraLightClient core), container (server-side integrations into servlet container), environment (client-side integrations into environments), application framework, test framework and easy deployment.
It does not contain the samples.
Utilities like the project generator.
Only needed on demand.
Samples demonstrating the usage of UltraLightClient, e.g. Hello, ULCSet, OnlineShop, and more.
Not needed during development or deployment.
ULC Extension packages
A module directory contains sub-directories with the following contents:
Jar files that contain the module classes.
For sample and add-on modules, the required libraries.
Only for sample modules: the required resources, e.g. images, property files
Either complete source code or source stubs.
The source stubs are used to enable code completions in IDEs.
Only for sample modules: ready to deploy web application, i.e. war files
Package ULC Enterprise Portal Integration 126.96.36.199With this package you can integrate an ULC Application into your enterprise web applications or your enterprise portal server.
Package ULC Chart 188.8.131.52 (JFreeChart 1.0.12)This package integrates JFreeChart library. With this package you can create various business charts.
Package ULCFxBrowser 184.108.40.206 (JavaFX JRE 1.7)ULCFxBrowser integrates the JavaFX Web component into ULC. With this package you can integrate any web page directly into your ULC Application.
Package ULCOpenDolphin 220.127.116.11Integration with OpenDolphin v 0.11.
Package ULCServerPush 18.104.22.168Server Push feature based on long polling.
Package ULC Office Integration 22.214.171.124This package bundles Apache POI and iText to produce PDF and MS Office documents integrated into your ULC Application.
Package ULC Graph 126.96.36.199 (JGraph 188.8.131.52)This package integrates JGraph library. With this package you can create and draw various graph diagrams.
|<canoo-ria-suite-2014-u3>||RIA-Suite installation directory|
|all||All UltraLightClient classes. Development : ulc-core-development.jar, Client : ulc-core-client.jar, Server : ulc-core-server.jar|
|ext||Contains libraries of RIA-Suite add-on packages|
|license||The jar file with the deployment license key|
|previous_releasenotes||Previous release notes|
|Sample applications with ready to run Jetty Servlet container|
|thirdpartylicenses||Licenses of included third party libraries|
|License manager tool - used to install RIA-Suite licenses|
|build.txt||Contains the build number|
|LicenseAgreementDevelopment.pdf||The Development license Agreement|
|LicenseAgreementEvaluation.pdf||The Evaluation license Agreement|
- [UBA-6866] - UITextField should not overwrite the minimum size behavior of the installed Look & Feel
- [UBA-8835] - Security Hole : ULC should not allow desrialization of any arbitrary serializable Java Object
- [UBA-8843] - ULC Sample Apps in release give JSP error when running in Jetty with Java 8
- [UBA-8844] - API doc on ulc.canoo.com for ULC ServerPush, ULC OpenDolphin and ULCFxBrowser show wrong title in the browser window.
- [UBA-8846] - java.lang.OutOfMemory using ULCInternalFrame.dispose()
- [UBA-8847] - Ordered Paths via ULCTree.getSelectionPaths
- [UBA-8850] - Improve Javadoc of ULCButton.doClick
- [UBA-8851] - Making a ULCPopupMenu visible programmatically results in strange behavior of ULCPopupMenu.
- [UBA-8855] - ULCTableTree.requestFocusInWindow method does not work as expected.
- [UBA-8857] - ClassCasteException for Border of ULCTableTree's TreeColumnCellEditor when using a custom LnF
- [UBA-8858] - Unlike ULCTable, ULCTableTree does not select the last/first visible row on scrolling with page down/up keys.
- [UBA-8862] - Add "Application-Library-Allowable-Codebase=*" attribute in manifest of client side jar.
- Due to the fix for UBA-8835 it will not be possible to register a coder for pre-registered classes in the CoderRegistry. It is also recommended not to use general purpose SerializationCoder to marshal/unmarshal a class that you wish exchange between ULC client and ULC application on server. Instead, write and register in CoderRegistry a specific coder for that class.
You can find known problems and limitations in our issue database.
When using Java 8 on server side, JarSigner in EasyDeploymentUtility will not work due to reasons listed in UBA-8863. The workaround is to manually sign client side jars and include appropriate security tags in their manifests.
Product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.