Release NotesJuly, 2015
About Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 2
Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 2 is a minor maintenance release of RIA-Suite. Its license version is 8.0.
Please see the Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 1 release notes for previous release notes.
The section Fixed Bugs gives an overview of the fixes in Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 2.
The section Feature Requests gives an overview of the implemented feature requests in Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 2.
Canoo RIA-Suite 2014 Update 2 requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7 or later on the server and on the client. It is recommended to use Java version 1.7.0_25 or later.
The deployment of a Canoo RIA-Suite application requires a JEE server that supports at least the Servlet 2.4 specification.
Since JRE 1.7.0_51, to be able to run ULC applications in jnlp and applet mode you need to:
- sign all client side jars with a certificate issued from a recognized certification authority.
- include Permissions and Codebase properties in the manifest of each client side jar.
- include the security tag in the jnlp file.
Packages and Release Structure
UltraLightClient (ULC) is part of the Canoo RIA-Suite. It consists of ULC Core that includes all components required to successfully develop and deploy UltraLightClient applications. Additionally there are several packages that provide extended functionalities. The UltraLightClient packages and the structure of the current release are described in the following sections.
ULC CoreULC Core contains comprehensive widget set, application framework, test framework and integration into client and server containers.
The UltraLightClient release is split into modules. Each module belongs to exactly one of five categories:
All UltraLightClient classes.
For convenience, contains all the legacy modules: base (UltraLightClient core), container (server-side integrations into servlet container), environment (client-side integrations into environments), application framework, test framework and easy deployment.
It does not contain the samples.
Utilities like the project generator.
Only needed on demand.
Samples demonstrating the usage of UltraLightClient, e.g. Hello, ULCSet, OnlineShop, and more.
Not needed during development or deployment.
ULC Extension packages
A module directory contains sub-directories with the following contents:
Jar files that contain the module classes.
For sample and add-on modules, the required libraries.
Only for sample modules: the required resources, e.g. images, property files
Either complete source code or source stubs.
The source stubs are used to enable code completions in IDEs.
Only for sample modules: ready to deploy web application, i.e. war files
Package ULC Enterprise Portal Integration 184.108.40.206With this package you can integrate an ULC Application into your enterprise web applications or your enterprise portal server.
Package ULC Chart 220.127.116.11 (JFreeChart 1.0.12)This package integrates JFreeChart library. With this package you can create various business charts.
Package ULCFxBrowser 18.104.22.168 (JavaFX JRE 1.7)ULCFxBrowser integrates the JavaFX Web component into ULC. With this package you can integrate any web page directly into your ULC Application.
Package ULCOpenDolphin 22.214.171.124Integration with OpenDolphin v 0.11.
Package ULCServerPush 126.96.36.199Server Push feature based on long polling.
Package ULC Office Integration 188.8.131.52This package bundles Apache POI and iText to produce PDF and MS Office documents integrated into your ULC Application.
Package ULC Graph 184.108.40.206 (JGraph 220.127.116.11)This package integrates JGraph library. With this package you can create and draw various graph diagrams.
|<canoo-ria-suite-2014-u2>||RIA-Suite installation directory|
|all||All UltraLightClient classes. Development : ulc-core-development.jar, Client : ulc-core-client.jar, Server : ulc-core-server.jar|
|ext||Contains libraries of RIA-Suite add-on packages|
|license||The jar file with the deployment license key|
|previous_releasenotes||Previous release notes|
|Sample applications with ready to run Jetty Servlet container|
|thirdpartylicenses||Licenses of included third party libraries|
|License manager tool - used to install RIA-Suite licenses|
|build.txt||Contains the build number|
|LicenseAgreementDevelopment.pdf||The Development license Agreement|
|LicenseAgreementEvaluation.pdf||The Evaluation license Agreement|
- [UBA-7757] - This issue was broken in previous release due to fix of UBA-8777
- [UBA-8835] - Security hole due to Serialization of arbitrary Java objects.
- [UBA-8838] - A Tab is not selected on Mouse click when a ULCComponent is used in ULCTabbedPane.setTabComponentAt
- [UBA-8840] - CellEditor in ULCTableTree is not activated on key press after an expand/collapse of a node.
- [UBA-8841] - HttpSession times out during long server roundtrip.
- [UBA-8837] - Provide AutoFilter feature of JideTable in ULCTable
- UBA-8777 was fixed in previous release but that broke UBA-7757. The changes made for UBA-8777 have been undone and issue reopened. Please use the workarounds mentioned in the issue comments.
- UBA-8838 has been fixed. Now, by default the components used as TabComponents (except buttons) are stripped of mouse event listeners such that clicking on them selects tab. If old behavior is required (mouse events processed by TabComponent) then use the API : ULCTabbedPane.setTabComponentAt(tabIndex, component, false);
You can find known problems and limitations in our issue database.
Product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.